Online Dating Service Statistics – Marriage Statistics
Online dating for singles looking for : Companionship, Casual Dating, Serious Dating, Mutual Values and Respect, Expanded Social Circles, Like-Mindedness, Love and or Marriage. There are numerous reason to date online. 1 in 5 couples have met their dates online. 17% of married couples met online. The profession of Matchmaking for the 21st Century. Singles are not one dimensional niche online dating search: single men or women, Single parents online dating, Senior online dating, Latin online dating, by ethnicity, religion, location local nationally or globally, by language, by profession, beautiful big single women and etc. Review online dating statistical and marriage statistics.
Online Dating Statistics and Marriage Statistics:
- The average courtship for married couples that meet online is approximately 18.5 months
- The average courtship for married couples that meet offline is approximately 42 months
- In 2010 the worldwide online dating industry is worth $4 billion
- In 2009 17 % of married couples met online
- 1 in 5 singles have dated online
- 1 in 5 singles in serious relationships met their partners online
- Most committed religions where both partners are of the same religion: Hindus (90%), Mormon (83%) and Catholics (78%).
- USA has approximately 40 million online dater. China has 140 million online daters largest in the world.
- In 1960 87% of women ages 35-44 years of age were married and 88% of men in the same age group were married.
- In 2007 72% of women ages 35-44 years of age were married and 69% of men in the same age group were married.
- Average age for marriage in USA (women 26 years old and men 28 years old)
- United States Census September 2010
- - 96.6 million unmarried American 18 years and older in 2009
- - 53% women 18 years and older
- - 61% unmarried Americans 18 year and older never been married, 24% divorced and 15% widowed.
- - Baby boomers in Canada 41% ages 46 to 64 have tried online dating and 28% seeking less serious relationships according to Canadian Liver Foundation
- - 16.2 million unmarried Americans 65 year and older. Comprising 17% of all unmarried people 18 years and older. Senior Online Dating Services
- 10 USA cities seniors retiring. According to Brooking Institute
- - 88 unmarried men compared to 100 unmarried women
- - 52.5 million households maintained by unmarried men or women. Comprising of 45% of households nationally.
- - 31.7 million living alone comprises 27% of all households nationally.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- In 1970 the percentage of women that made more money than their husbands was 4% and in 2010 percentage has increased to 22%.
- In North America the average marrying age for women is 26 years old and for men 28 years old.
- Interracial marriage in America 2005 approximately 7%
- Teenage dating statistics Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- In 2008 New Jersey created the Internet Dating Safety Act and in 2010 New York State passed a similar act. New York requires online dating safety tips on their websites and addition if any criminal background checks are required on members.
- In 2009 12 million single parents living with children younger than 18 years old
- 92% of single parents prefer dating other single parents. Single Parent Online Dating Services
- In Australia it is predicted online dating may increase 10% in 2010.
- In 2009 there were approximately 1,400 online dating sites in North America
- “Age Wave Theory” as Boomer start to retire (2007-2009) economy will slowdown en.wikihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomer
- With the deepening recession in 2008 the divorce rate fall in 2009.
- Jobs created in 2011 statistics show women lagging behind men in job hiring.
- US unemployment rate (3/11/2011) 9.2% google/public data National and State
- Online dating increased in 2009 but there a percentage drop in marriages that same year.
- In 2009 approximate 10% that pay for online dating services stay for less than 3 months.
- Online U.S, online dating traffic between July 2009 to July 2010 rose 13%
- It is estimated the Australia will see a 10% increase in online dating in 2010 according to IBTSWorld online dating service in Australia
- 37% of single Russian women think a international marriage will improve their lives and their children lives.
- Most common dating lies (age, height and weight)
|Online Dating Statistics||Data|
|Total number of single people in the U.S.||54 Million|
|Total number of people in the U.S. who have tried online dating||40 Million|
|Total eHarmony members||20 Million|
|Total Match.com members||15 Million|
|Number of questions to fill out on eHarmony survey||400|
|Annual revenue from the online dating industry||$1.049 Billion|
|Average spent by dating site customer per year||$239|
|Average length of courtship for marriages that met online||18.5 Months|
|Average length of courtship for marriages that met offline||42 Months|
|Percent of users who leave within the first 3 months||10 %|
|Percent of male online dating users||52.4 %|
|Percent of female online dating users||47.6 %|
|Percent who say common interests are the most important factor||64 %|
|Percent who say physical charactersitics are the most important factor||49 %|
|Percent of marriages in the last year in which the couple met on a dating site||17 %|
|Percent of current committed relationships that began online||20 %|
|Percent of people who believe in love at first sight||71 %|
|Percent of women who have sex on the first online dating encounter||33 %|
|Percent of people who say they have dated more than one person simultaneously||53 %|
|Percent of sex offenders who use online dating to meet people||10 %|
|What’s more important on a first date|
|Smile & Looks||23 %|
|Sense of Humor||14 %|
|Career & Education||10 %|
|Type of hair color most people are attracted to|
|Don’t Mind||16 %|
|Nice Guys||38 %|
|Bad Guys||15 %|
|Blend of Both||34 %|
|Any man I can get||6 %|
|The modern career girl||42 %|
|The girl next door type||34 %|
|The hottie||24 %|
|Online Dating Facts|
|A woman’s desirablility online peaks at 21|
|At 26, Women have more online pursuers than men|
|By 48, Men have twice as many online pursuers as Women|
|Men lie most about; Age, Height, Income|
|Women lie most about: Weight, Physical Build, Age|